BAPTIZED today in the early service is Wyatt Alexander Seim, son of Kyle & Kaitlyn Seim. May God keep him in his baptismal grace.
SPECIAL VOTERS’ MEETING RESULTS:
At the special meeting last Sunday, the voters of the congregation passed the recommendation from the Church Council and Building Committee. The recommendation includes the following:
- 1. That St. Paul contract with Excel Engineering for architectural and engineering design services for a $5 million sanctuary, chapel, gathering area, and fellowship area. Fees are not to exceed $300,000.
- 2. That St. Paul approve the use of the in-kind gift of $750,000 for construction management.
- 3. That St. Paul accept the financial plan proposed by the Building Committee which includes the following:
- a. That with upfront gifts, we try, with God’s help, to pay down as much as possible the current mortgage of $2 million by March of 2019.
- b. That we give approval to begin negotiating, as soon as possible, the terms of the construction loan not to exceed indebtedness of $5 million
- c. That after construction we approve a mortgage of not more than $3.5 million.
- 4. That we officially begin the “125 Years of Connecting” building fund on August 1, 2018
- 5. That we encourage members who have not yet made a commitment, to do so now.
- 6. That, since we now have a direction regarding what we will be building, members who have already made a commitment inform Gerry Heckmann regarding any changes they would like to make to their commitment.
A THANK YOU TO THE LAKE MILLS COMMUNITY: Part of the activities during this 125th Anniversary Year of St. Paul is presenting a concert by the First Brigade Band on Friday, August 10th at 7pm in Lake Mills Commons Park. It’s a way in which St. Paul can say “thank you” for being a part of the Lake Mills community for 125 years.
BUILD ON THE ROCK!! VBS will be held this week Monday through Friday from 8:45-11:45 AM. It’s not too late to sign-up. Food donations may be placed in the kitchen in bins marked VBS and on carts in the walk-in cooler.
VBS CLOSING SERVICE will be held Friday, August 3, at 10:45 am. The congregation is invited to attend this program which includes the songs the children learned at VBS. A light lunch will be served after, to which everyone is invited.
CHURCH PICNIC St. Paul Church Picnic service will be in church on Sunday, August 5, at 10 AM. Children from VBS will sing an anthem in the service. The picnic meal follows the service. Meat (roast pork), buns, beverages and table service will be supplied. Members whose last name begins with A-L are asked to bring a salad or side dish and M-Z are asked to bring dessert. Activities include bouncy houses and games.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY For the 2018-19 school year we are looking to hire a school-aged after school care position (3-6 pm). For more information contact Allie Byers or Steve Gartner, 920-648-2918.
POWER HOUR COORDINATOR is needed for the 2018-19 school year. Applications and job descriptions may be picked in the office.
PROJECTION OF WORSHIP At the end of last year, the Worship Sub-Committee provided recommendations to enhance worship. Among those was a recommendation to project the worship service as an alternative option to following along in the service folder or hymnal. This is a recommendation that has also been voiced individually by a number of members.
Beginning August 12th and running through October, we will be testing out this recommendation by projecting every Communion Sunday service. We'll try different options along the way and will ask for your feedback at the end of every service. Please take the time to let us know your thoughts, so we can determine the best way to proceed. There will also be an opportunity to get involved, if you feel this is a way in which you can serve.
ST. PAUL SCHOOL REGISTRATION will be held Tuesday, August 14 from 12:00 PM to 6 PM. Our annual tuition fee ($1350-1st child, $1275-2nd, $1200-3rd…4th child free…) covers only a small portion of the estimated $6100 of actual costs. The majority of expenses are provided by generous offerings of all St. Paul members, including you. Reminder: Blessed by members, hundreds of dollars in tuition assistance are available for St. Paul families in need. Speak with Mr. Gartner at registration. SCHOOL FORMS PACKETS will be ready for pick-up on Wednesday. You may pick them up next to the large bulletin board outside church.